My Recommended Essentials For Clients to Improve Their Health and Stay Motivated –
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Beets are an incredibly healthy food that offer a number of important health benefits for us. They contain many different types of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, nutrients and fibre. Importantly, when juiced, this allows us to more easily consume beets in great quantities and makes it possible to obtain these great benefits. Lets discuss some health benefits associated with drinking beet juice consistently.
1. First, beet juice can help to lower blood pressure. This is because it contains healthy naturally occurring nitrates. Although most vegetables contain nitrates, an averaged sized beet contains about 20 times more dietary nitrates then these other vegetables. This helps with nitric oxide production. When consumed regularly, beet juice can help to lower systolic pressure as well as reduce arterial stiffness.
2. Beet juice is also great for eliminating inflammation in the body. Beets contain a very powerful nutrient known as betaine. This nutrient can help to protect proteins, cells and enzymes from environmental stress. This helps to reduce inflammation while also protecting important bodily organs and reduce vascular risk factors. This can lead to even more cardiovascular benefits.
3. Drinking beet juice consistently can also protect us from premature aging a number of different ways. Beets are packed with skin healthy antioxidants. These antioxidants work to protect the skin by neutralizing free radicals in the body. As well, beet juice contains lycopene, which helps to keep the skins elasticity and protect it from sun damage.
4. Beet juice will also help to detoxify our entire bodies. It is a very effective detox drink for our liver, since it can help to remove unwanted toxins as well as stimulate liver cells. This is contributed to methionine and glycine betaine which work to keep fatty acids from building up.
5. Beet juice can also help to boost energy, especially those individuals who work out or exercise consistently. Studies have shown that for those individuals who drank beet juice before working out, they were able to have better and longer workouts. This is contributed to the naturally occurring nitrates found in beets. Even if you are not working out, the numerous vitamins, minerals and nutrients in beets can help with boosting energy through out the day.
6. Since beet juice contains an great amount of soluble fibre, drinking it can help those individuals who suffer with blood sugar issues. Beet juice can actually help to lower the amount of glucose in the blood.
7. Lastly, beet juice can also help improve digestion by stimulating the intestines and breakdown food, may help reduce pain associated with arthritis and may even help improve eyesight.
Try to consume beet juice daily to obtain these benefits. One to two cups of beet juice is often recommended as a daily dosage, but be sure to discuss with your medical practitioner the correct dosage for you. You can simply drink the juice from 1 large peeled organic beet, or add it into your favourite juice and smoothie recipes.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.